Welcome to Midtown, the heart of Detroit’s Cultural Center! Come for world-class art, music and cuisine, stay to discover our unique shops & galleries.
- Learn about the Neighborhood and download a map.
- Visit the Directory of shops & galleries. Or click on these links! >>>
- Check out our local Dining scene.
- Read about local News & Events!
- Did you catch the great travel guide in the NY Times? Check out 36 Hours in Detroit from May 5, 2011. Midtown favorites include Atlas Global Bistro, Slow’s To Go, MOCAD and the Inn on Ferry Street.
- We love this Detroit Design Guide written by local blogger, Jim Griffioen. It includes several of our favorite places in Midtown and beyond.
- Coming from out of town? Stay at the Inn on Ferry Street in the heart of Midtown’s Cultural Center.
- Check our Directory of shops & galleries.
- Join our Shop Midtown Facebook page for events & promotions!
- Do you have one of our handy Shop Midtown guides? Pick one up at participating businesses or download it below. Post it on your fridge, keep it in your car, share with visiting friends from out of town!
- Interested in living here? If you work at Detroit Medical Center (DMC), Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) or Wayne State University (WSU), you may qualify for an incentive through Live Midtown.
- Become a fan of Midtown Detroit on Facebook for news & articles about the neighborhood.
- What’s it like to live in Midtown? Read more in Model D.
Midtown: Where Life Is Art
There’s a lot happening in Midtown! From world-renowned cultural institutions to neighborhood shops and galleries, come discover what makes this area a great place to live, work and play. To learn more, visit Midtown, Inc. and enjoy this video from Model D: